Monday, May 20, 2013

Since December...

Well I stopped blogging because I couldn't add any pictures anymore and really whats the fun in that.  This will be mostly pictures of the highlights from the last 5 months and some recent updates.  Most of you probably already know that I'm pregnant with our second boy due August 11th, which we are obviously thrilled about!  I felt so much better with this pregnancy that first trimester than I did with Oli, not nearly as nauseated.  But I was constantly exhausted!  Working nights, having a toddler and being pregnant did not go well together!!  There weren't many days that first trimester that I didn't sleep for all of Oliver's 2-3 hour nap and still go to bed at 9:00!!  Also I got bigger way faster with this pregnancy, which I was thinking "oh my gosh I'm already big and uncomfortable at 22 wks how am I going to do this for another 18!!!"  But I'm 28 weeks now and am feeling pretty good, I think I'm just used to being big now ;)  Wes is finishing up his first year of teaching High School Spanish and has really enjoyed it and I'm still working full time nights on the Labor and Delivery Unit at Holy Family hospital (hoping to make it part time soon!)
Oliver turned 2 on May 18th and I can't believe my baby is getting so big!!  He is at such a fun stage right now!!  He's learning so much everyday and saying funny things all the time!  Some funny things Oliver says (this is more for me remembering than for anything else)
We were trying to face time anyone that would answer because he loves doing that and nobody was able to talk and finally he put the phone up to my belly and said "call baby?"
He always want to hold everything even if its a picture in a book he puts his hands close together and puts them up to the book and says "hold it?"  same with ducks, birds, and bugs at the park.  He also keeps putting his hands up to my belly and saying "hold baby?"
One day I went to get him out of his crib from his nap and I walked in and he said "mama out!" so I started to leave and he said "shut door!"  So I left him for a bit then came back when he started to call for me, I just thought it was really funny!
He also loves to feed his toys, for instance he has a race car driver guy my dad bought him who Oli calls papa and he always gives him drinks of his milk and makes sounds like papa is drinking. He also does this with cars and other things that don't actually eat.
Oliver still loves his pillow pets and sleeps with them every night but other favorite toys he has are his papa doll, shovels, a canoe paddle, and construction trucks.  He also loves his "bite" (bike) and "helmep" (helmet).  My parents got him a strider bike for his birthday and he twists his wrist and makes motorcycle sounds while he is sitting on it.  He is obsessed with motorcycles and always calls who ever is on them papa.  On our way home from Olympia once we saw a few bikers at the gas station and Oli cried when we pulled out yelling for papa!
Anyway enjoy the pictures!!

Wes rough housing with the boys in the bounce house


Oliver found a chair, pushed it up to the counter and dug into the cookie dough!!

He's his mother's son!!




At the Seattle Flight Museum




Oliver first High School Basketball Game


Oliver and Jaxon



Oliver eating shrimp with Dad




Oliver putting make up on with mom


Oliver walked around with this dog at Old Navy for 15 minutes while I was shopping!


His awesome hair!!

Sitting in his "boat"

Oliver and Brayden on the way to Olympia

Easter weekend at the beach house



Snuggles with dad

Picking up crabs at the beach

Date night at the Seattle Sounders game

Wearing daddy's hat





snow shoeing in Cranbrook





Sleeping during church

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE THE UPDATE! Sydney calls motorcycle riders Papa too - but I do think Oliver may win the "I love Papa the most award!" haha See you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures. Can't believe how big he's getting. I'm so excited for baby number two.

    ReplyDelete